How to Use the Swim Lesson DVD
If age appropriate, let the child decide what to practice/learn.
Watch the swim lesson with your child (if age appropriate) that you are going to practice on that day telling the child that he can do it too!
Tell your child that this is "swim school" and that you are the teacher
Make notes of what you want to practice or print each lesson description from the website prior to going to the pool
Give a five minute warning before you end the practice or lesson.
Watch the dvd and any videos and pictures that you took, to review and reinforce what you've accomplished and what you will work on next.
Make plans for the next lesson!!
For a successful swimming lesson:
Swim when the child is rested and happy.
- Make sure the water is warm.
- Always make it fun. Offer rewards.
- Show confidence that you can have the child do what you see in the video
- Do not make the child nervous or set high expectations for yourself.
- Have patience and continue to encourage and praise the child.
- Time: fifteen minutes for a baby, thirty or forty minutes older baby
Write to me; I would love to hear from you. Love you!