How to Use the Swim Lesson DVD
- If age appropriate, let the child decide what to practice/learn.
- Watch the swim lesson with your child (if age appropriate) that you are going to practice on that day telling the child that he can do it too!
- Tell your child that this is "swim school" and that you are the teacher
- Make notes of what you want to practice or print each lesson description from the website prior to going to the pool
- Give a five minute warning before you end the practice or lesson.
- Watch the dvd and any videos and pictures that you took, to review and reinforce what you've accomplished and what you will work on next.
- Make plans for the next lesson!!
For a successful Swimming Lesson:
Swim when the child is rested and happy.
- Make sure the water is warm.
- Always make it fun. Offer rewards.
- Show confidence that you can have the child do what you see in the video
- Do not make the child nervous or set high expectations for yourself.
- Have patience and continue to encourage and praise the child.
- Time: fifteen minutes for a baby, thirty or forty minutes older baby
Write to me; I would love to hear from you. Love you!